"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."
Quoted from an Ancient Indian Proverb
In Chongzheng Primary School, we are committed to educate and nurture our pupils into engaged citizens who care for the environment and gracious leaders who are committed to reaching out to the community so as to pass on the love for the environment to the people around us.
We adopt the following three-pronged approach:
To engage our pupils, staff and parents in the following focus areas of environmental conservation:
P1: Plant Conservation
P2: Animal Conservation
P3: Water Conservation (Self and School)
P4: Water Conservation (School and Nation)
P5: Energy Conservation (Self and School)
P6: Energy Conservation (School and Nation)
Our strategies to deploy the whole-school approach are:
· integration of environment-related topics into curriculum;
· customised programmes beyond the curriculum;
· space utilisation to enhance environment education;
· resource and waste management;
· environmental conservation efforts led by Student Leaders; and
· collaborative partnerships to enhance awareness and involvement.
· Recycling Programmes
· Environment-related Values In Action
· Community in Bloom
· World Food Day